Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life is Returning to Some Normalcy...




























































Life has been good in our household. The new job is going well and can I tell you how much I LOVE my hours. I am home no later than 4:40 PM which is an entire hour earlier than my previous job. An hour makes a total difference especially when it comes to spending time with your family. I'm settling in very nicely in my new position and the two people I work for are great! I don't dread going into work these days. I even started walking during my lunch hour with a couple of co-workers. There is a nice track right across the street from the building I'm working in. We only do about 20 minutes, but we're hoping to increase our time as we go along. I really think all the health issues I was struggling with had a lot to do with the stress in my life. A lot of stress has been eliminated and I'm feeling a lot better these days. I'm increasing my activity level and continuing my chiropractic care which I truly believe has contributed my feeling better. I have thanked God everyday for my new job and my better health. I just hope we continue down the right path. It's not too bad working in the same building as my husband either! We actually had lunch together for the first time since starting 5 weeks ago!

Jake is finishing up basketball this coming Saturday. He was on a very good team this year with only 2 losses so far this season. It is a amazing to see the growth and developing skills each week. One true amazing thing to witness is how compassionate these boys are towards those players who just aren't as athletic as the next boy. But that doesn't stop them from passing the ball even though they may not score. The more athletic boys will cheer them on to help boost their confidence. That is what a team is all about and these boys are turning into wonderful young men. I am so proud of the Hornets! Way to go!

Unfortunately life isn't quite as nice in school for Jake. We decided to do highlights in Jake's hair and to save money, I did them for him. It wasn't hard, but we were nervous about the outcome. I picked a box of hair dye/highlights for medium to dark brown hair. The highlights came out more of a carmel color than a blonde color. His hair didn't look bad considering. Actually, I really thought it looked pretty good. Well the kids really gave Jake a hard time in school the last couple of days. I feel badly about it. I offered to take him and get his hair cut, but honestly, the kids would tease him about that because he'd have to get a buzz cut. Kids are cruel and they will always find a reason to tease someone. Hopefully it will be old news in the next day or so and the teasing will stop. His hair really doesn't look bad!

Rachel turned 18 months old yesterday! Can you believe it? I'm still trying to believe it. It was 9 months ago that we brought our little girl home finally and honestly, it feels like we had her from the beginning of her life. She has been a true blessing and I have no doubt that God had his hands in uniting our family. Rachel is saying more and more words everyday and she understands everything I say to her. Her little "spicy" personality is becoming more "spicy" everyday too! She makes us laugh all the time. I think a lot of times she catches us off guard with the things she does. I asked her tonight what she wanted for dinner and she quickly responded with "Hmmm." I about cracked up laughing. When did she learn to do that? Her other new saying is "uh uhhh." Every time we ask her to do something she doesn't want to do she responds with "uh uhh." It used to be no! I have no idea where she learned that from either? She can be such a love bug when she wants to. She says I love you too. It comes out as "la loo", but you know exactly what she is saying! She signs as she says it too! When I leave her room at night, we have a contest who can say it the fastest and loudest. She continues saying "la loo" even after I've closed her door and into the other room. It cracks me up every time. She has quite the personality and just captures everyone's attention no matter where we are.

I had to take her to the doctor this week because her one ear was infected. I had taken her earring out to put a new pair in and she did really well with that. Well the one earring fell out, so I decided to put her piercing earrings back in since they lock in place. Her ear did bleed a little while trying to put her earrings in. Not long after that, she had fallen and hit her ear. Anyway, I noticed how sometimes she cried when changing her shirt and she would hold her ear. I didn't really notice anything until the other day when I really looked at it and she had a huge bubble-like bump on the back of her ear. I knew there was an infection. I took her to the doctor where I took her earring out and he squeezed all kinds of gook out of her ear. I know it was painful for her and it broke my heart as the doctor kept squeezing it. The doctor put her on an antibiotic and I have to clean 2x a day with peroxide and neosporin. I feel terrible. The doctor really doesn't think it's from the piercing since it didn't get infected until almost 3 months later. I thought maybe an allergic reaction, but she would have broken out in a rash. Anyway, we are going to let it completely heal before trying to put her earring back in. I may have to get her ear re-pierced!

Rachel is becoming a little more aggressive with her hitting which we are trying to nip in the butt. We are using timeouts which does seem to work. She knows to sit there and not get up which is great. We notice a little more aggression with Jake, but I really think it's because he's in her face so much. He loves her so much he tends to smoother her a little. Sharing doesn't come easy for her either, but I'm hoping it's just the age. She can be so good at times, but other times she screams when she doesn't get her way. I keep thinking that we are in trouble as this little girl gets older! LOL! She is a strong-willed little girl who is extremely independent. I have to say that I wouldn't want her to be any other way!

She has mastered calling me mommy but she still says dadda. We think it has turned into a game with Rachel because when she says dadda, Dave will correct her and say daddy. She quickly responds with a laugh and says dadda again. The two of them will go on for a few minutes and we all just crack up laughing. She refuses to call Dave daddy! Rachel and I will even play that game in the car on the way to mommom's in the morning. She knows she's being a stinker! LOL!

Prayers Needed:
A good friend of ours, Mariette, from church is battling cancer. She starts chemotherapy next week. Please pray that God will heal her from the cancer. Pray that she will have minimal side effects from the treatment as well. Her and her family are such great people. They are also in the process of adopting from China. Please pray that she will be healed and that they will be able to continue their adoption process. We know that God can do miracles and I hope he can do it for this family!

Also, my nephew, Johnny, is going active in the military. He is currently doing Army Reserves, but has decided to make a career with the Army. God only knows what lies ahead for his future. I just ask that you keep him in your prayers that he will always be safe wherever the military takes him. We are truly proud of him and his decision to serve his country!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Nice to see a wrap up of your new normal. Glad the job is going well. Makes such a difference when you actaully like your job, doesn't it?!

STill have your stuff. Will have to get together on a day off for lunch or something!