It's hard to fathom that we just celebrated our 2nd "Forever Family Day" or "Gotcha Day", a phrase most adoptive families use. The day didn't quite go the way we hoped, since baby girl is suffering from an ear infection and strep throat. We've had two very difficult sleeping nights. But you know what? We are truly blessed to be able to nurse her back to health. I feel so privileged to be a mom and that God entrusted me to be a parent to two wonderful kids. It's not perfect everyday and there are many days that God may be disappointed in me, but in the end, He knows that he can count on me and all will be okay.
I will say that these two years flew by! And, I know it will be worse when Rachel starts school, because I look at Jake and shutter because he's at the end of his 6th grade year and in just a few short years,he'll be in high school, then driving, taking girls on dates, going to college, etc. Man, that all scares me, but it's exciting too. I guess having the kids almost 11 years apart was kind of good thing, because I won't suffer from "empty nest syndrome" when Jake does leave home because we'll still have Rachel home for at least another 11 years! LOL! "
"Forever Family" day will always be a day to celebrate for Dave, Jake and I, because our little girl was wanted so much and loved from the moment adoption was placed in our hearts. We will always celebrate our day as a family of four. I want Rachel to always know how much she was loved from the moment God placed the desire in our hearts to be parents for the second time. We didn't know at first that we would become parents again through adoption, but I will tell you, it's wonderful to have the best of both worlds.
Unfortunately, our day didn't go quite as planned because Rachel was up all night with a fever and crying because of ear pain. Dave stayed home with her and took her to the doctor and here she had an ear infection and strep throat. She is still battling a fever as of today and crying every now and then because her throat hurts. I think I may be staying home another day with her.
Sunday, we went to Sesame Place. What great weather for a park, not the warmest for water rides, but it the weather made being at an amusement park very bearable. Rachel loved it and Jake didn't mind it either, considering it's more of a park for little ones. Jake probably would have had more fun if it was warmer where he could enjoy more of the water rides. Here are some photos from our day.
Well, thank you for being my blog fans as I continue journaling about our family of four. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would, even if I don't do it as often as I like.
2 comments:
The picture of her on the merry go round is SO cute! She is a real cutie pie! I'd love to schedule some play dates coming up for some local Chinese princesses. :) I'm looking forward to Andrea getting her referral and welcoming another Chinese girlie into the neighborhood too! Know any other families in the area with little ones who might want to be a part of a playdate?
Kelly
i just love all the picture yall have taken!!! wish we were with yall, love ya, sandy
Post a Comment