We are truly enjoying our new daughter and baby sister! She has been such a delight and so much fun to be around. We are starting to truly see her personality these days. Rachel gets bored very quickly and sometimes I just don't know how to appease her. When her big brother, Jake, walks into the room, everything else disappears. She gets so excited when she sees him with her arms flailing and her feet going a mile a minute. She is very good at trying to mimic him too. It's so cute watching her try and snap her fingers. Rachel is so smart. I really believe that she understands way more than we think she does. She definitely knows her name and she understands what no-no means. Rachel has a habit of trying to grab my glasses off my face or she will just grab your face and practically rib your lip off! It really hurts sometimes. Well now I'm saying no-no when she tries and OMG, you would think I took candy from her. Her feelings get so hurt. She pouts her lip and makes faces like she's going to cry. It's like she is processing in her head what just happened and she starts wailing. This has happened 3 times now and and I can't help but hug her because it breaks my heart! Boy, does she have us wrapped around her finger already.
Jake officially finished school last Wednesday in the early afternoon. He got out at 12:00 PM and Rachel and I picked him up so that we could thank his wonderful teacher for a great year! We really liked Mr. Yosifon. I can't believe in one more year he will be going to middle school. Wow, that is a scary thought. I'm sure those with high schoolers are saying, "just wait till he gets to high school!" We ended up having lunch with my good friend, Melanie, and her two girls, Kayla and Danielle to celebrate the last day of school. They were so anxious to meet Rachel for the first time.
We took Rachel for professional photos last Thursday at JC Pennys which came out okay. I was really hoping to have some of her true smiles come through, but it didn't work out that way. Rachel was up a lot the night before and she of course was tired by 10:30 for her photo shoot. What we got is cute, but I don't feel we captured her true personality. We will go back for her one year photos where I will have her and Jake done together as well as individual shots of Rachel. We may do a family photo too, but it will depend on how I'm feeling about myself that day. With all these photos lately, I'm not happy with my weight and need to do something about it.
I'm feeling better since my hospital stay. Every day gets better with the dizziness and headaches. The dizzy spells will catch me off guard at times, but they are more infrequent than before. I appreciate everyone's concern and well wishes.
Rachel went for her blood work last Friday. Can I tell you what a nightmare that was! We arrived at the hospital at 11:3o and didn't leave there until after 2:00 PM. The poor thing ended up being stuck 3 times with a needle. The technicians did good at first and got 5 vials of blood, but then the blood stopped flowing, so they wanted to try her other arm. The technician wasn't happy with the veins in her right arm, so they went in her hand instead where they got nothing. All this time, I'm in the hall with Jake and we are both crying listening to our baby girl screaming in the room. Dave was in there with Rachel and two technicians. After what seemed like and eternity, I heard them talking and saying that we can come back later. At this point I went into the room and that's when they told me that they didn't get all they needed. They could call an IV team down now or we can come back when Rachel is calmed and they would try the same arm they got the first 5 vials from. I did not want to put her through this again, let's just get it over with today. I gave Rachel a bottle while we waited for the IV team and Dave ran out to put more money in the meter. Dave wasn't back when the IV team arrived, so I had to stay in the room and comfort Rachel while they attempted another drawl. They ended up going in her right arm, but didn't get the vein right away and had to move it around. All the while, Rachel is sobbing uncontrollably. The tech finally got it and got what she needed! Amen! I pray to God that we don't have to put this poor thing through that again. She was crying and sweating so bad, that she soaked the tissue paper that goes over the beds and it was stuck in her hair. Rachel looked like she was put through a war zone with her taped up arms and hands. We hope to have all her results back within two weeks. The challenge will be later when we see how she responds when we enter the doctor's office again for well visits.
Dave returned back to work last Monday. Poor guy, he was exhausted all week. It's been a challenge being on my own this past week with Rachel, but so much fun. I love to be on the go, but it's much harder with Rachel. She really needs her morning nap, which I realized recently. She just gets too grumpy without it. So, I need to plan my schedule a little better for her! LOL! I guess I could clean or update my blog! Guess which one won???
When we were having Rachel's blood drawn and she was screaming, I saw that the skin was broken where her fourth tooth was coming through. You couldn't quite see the tooth, but the skin was definitely broken. When we woke up Saturday morning, her top tooth was completely visible now! So cute!
On Friday, after we left the hospital, we went to my in-laws where I took Rachel into the swimming pool for the first time. She did so well. I think what saved me was how warm the pool water was. Rachel started really enjoying being in the pool. Jake was thrilled and would jump out of the water playing peek-a-boo with her. We all had a blast!
We are meeting a woman today who is the mother of my friend, Andrea. She loves to sew and I'm taking my wedding gown to her to see if it's possible to make a baptism dress for Rachel. I would love for Rachel to wear Dave's christening gown, but since Rachel is so big, it won't fit her. I hope she can do it. If not, I will need to find someone who can. Before I close, can I please ask everyone to keep my brother, Paul, in your prayers. He's been in the hospital this past week with a horrible infection in his leg from pins that were put in when he broke his ankle. Due to his weight, a lot of complications have come about. They plan to do surgery today, and it's very scary. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you. Hope you enjoy the latest photos.Love,Dave, Sherry, Jake & Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment