Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home 5 Days Now...


















Well, today is day 5 since coming home with Rachel and we are doing great! Although, jet lag has gotten the best of us, that is for sure. Rachel has had us up a couple of times during the night, but last night she stayed in her crib the entire night until she woke up at 6:40 this morning! Yippee! She went down around 8:15 PM and I heard her talking around 3:30 this morning, but no crying. Actually, she really doesn't cry when she wakes up. I would hear her and get her out of bed. But last night, I left her alone to see what she would do and I only heard her a couple of times talking until 6:40 this morning. I'm hoping we are over the hump, but tonight we shall see if last night was just a fluke! LOL. She will have some "night terrors". She will cry out and then sometimes she will cry so hard while still sleeping. I will pick her up and try and console her. She will usually wake up at this point and look at me, and then she will calm down. It really breaks my heart when she does this. I just want her to have peace within. She's just so darn happy when she is awake! She is so full of smiles and laughs.

Rachel has her first pediatrician appointment at 10:45. We have a list of questions, so hopefully the doctor will spend the time with us. Since starting her on the soy similac with iron, she is really struggling with her bowel movements. Sorry, probably too much information! But I feel bad how much she is struggling. She also developed a rash on her face. Not sure if she is allergic to the baby wash I'm using, although she hasn't broken out anywhere else on her body. She is sneezing a lot! Probably 20 plus times a day. That did start in China, so I don't think it's anything here.

Jake went back to school yesterday. I was curious how he would make out because jet lag is still lingering. He did okay. We took him to school and brought Rachel along and boy we were like celebrities. The teachers and kids were surrounding us and Rachel gave them the cutest show. She just loved the attention. We gave each of the kids a coin from China and they loved it! We bought Jake's teacher an Olympic Coin Set and he was in awe that we thought about him. It was totally Jake's idea! He loves his teacher!

We miss our travel group. We truly met some great friends and we are wondering how they are all doing. I heard from two of the families, and like us, they are still getting up during the night. Although, like I said, last night was an all-nighter!

We've kept it low-key with visitors this week...only because we are just so tired. My wonderful friend, Andrea, made a few meals for us and what a Godsend she has been. She has truly made our lives so easy with our meals and we are truly indebted to her. Thank you, Andrea! Andrea is also adopting from China and her log-in is in April. I hope they speed up so she can experience this wonderful journey soon! In the meantime, she is living it through us so that she can be prepared.

I'm also going to the doctor today. I'm really struggling with my equilibrium. I'm dizzy and it makes me queezy to my stomach. Dave is feeling it a little bit too. I had an inner ear infection before leaving for China and I'm wondering if it hasn't gone away. Hopefully that is all it is!

For those that live close by, please call or email us for a visit. We are so ready to see our family and friends! We can't wait for you all to meet Rachel.

Oh well, it's going on 9:30 AM and I need to get in the shower to get ready for Rachel's dr. appointment. I will keep you posted.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I can't wait for a free weekend to drive up and meet Rachel and to see YOU!! You can tell Rachel totally fits, she even looks like you when she has that big giant grin and squinty eyes :-)

Doreen said...

Is it possible that Rachel has gotten cuter since coming home? My 2nd DD had night terrors night day nap you name it! She did eventually grow out of them.

Dorren in Montreal Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia_Sichuan