



I feel so blessed that we are able to witness some of Rachel's milestones. She has totally mastered sitting up from a laying position. The funny thing is, she is so proud of herself because she will laugh out loud once she is sitting. Hopefully you will see her excitement in the photos above. I posted a series of photos to show how she gets up to a sitting position. LOL. She is so proud of herself which you can see from her photo. I'm pretty sure she will be crawling in no time. She gets on all fours and rocks. She can take a step with one leg and one arm, but then she belly flops! LOL. Jake keeps telling me that she stood up all by herself, but I haven't witnessed this milestone yet. I'm really not ready for her to walk yet. I'm enjoying her being a baby right now. Dave does need to get going on putting the gate at the top of our steps into the living room. I don't need any accidents!
Did I tell you how much I'm dreading going back to work and leaving Rachel? I get choked up every time I think about it. We are very fortunate that my mother in-law will be caring for her while we work, but it's still so hard. It was tough leaving Jake at 2 1/2 months old, but I think it's going to be more difficult leaving Rachel at 11 1/2 months old. Rachel is older and she is very attached to me. We were down visiting mom last week and I tried putting Rachel down for a morning nap at her house and she absolutely flipped out. I haven't heard her cry like that in a really long time. I just don't know how I'm going to do this. Mom and Dad are on vacation this week and then we will be on vacation when they return. So, we will have a week to get her adjusted to mom and dad's house before I go back to work. Should be interesting. I'm truly going to miss being with her during the day. She is so much fun and boy is she funny. I don't think I've ever met a baby with so much personality at her age. Please pray for an easy transition.
Now that little miss can sit up on her own, she think she doesn't need a nap in the morning. She wants to play. I walked into her room after 35 minutes of off and on complaining and she was sitting up in the crib playing. Ha! Guess what, after eating lunch, I gave her some cheerios while I cleaned up the kitchen and I turn around and the little bugger is sound asleep in her highchair. I couldn't even wake her up to give her a bottle. She is a piece of work. LOL.
Hope you enjoy the photos. Wow, you all got two updates from me in less than 3 days! I just had to share Rachel's new milestone. I'm just in awe over our little girl. With the changes Rachel has endured, she is just thriving.
I also included some photos of Jake jumping off the diving board at my friend, Heather's pool. Jake is such a dare devil. You know, as I'm typing this, I'm thinking about the young man my son is turning into. He really is such an awesome big brother. I'm not just saying that either. He is so incredibly good with his baby sister. Maybe we are still in the "honeymoon" phase, be he hasn't shown any jealousy at all. I figure with him being an only child for over 10 years, he would have a real hard time sharing us with a sibling. Boy, he proved me wrong. He shows nothing but love and pride for his sister. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful kids. Jake was meant to be a big brother in every sense! I think the feelings are mutual for Rachel too. She just lightens up when Jake walks into the room. He is so good watching her for me too. I'm so proud of Jake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Sorry about that last comment - I forget that my son signs into Google and so I accidentally commented under his name!
It's so fun to see another Pingjiang cutie pie! Love the pictures. And I agree - it's neat to see some of these milestones - isn't it?!
Rachel is so darn cute! We miss her and can't wait to see her again!
Post a Comment