Friday, January 22, 2010
"I feel like a woman"
Have I mentioned that I think Rachel is well beyond her years! Well, she really is! I mean, her speaking ability and thinking is that of someone years beyond her 2 years of life. She has blown us away with the things that she says. First off, this little girl hasn't even heard the English language until she was almost 9 months old and she is almost 29 months old now and you can already have a full blown conversation with her. She understands everything you say to her (and to others for that matter) and one can understand almost everything she says. Let me just give you an example of our conversation this morning on the way to mommom’s for the day:
Dave was playing with Rachel in the kitchen while I was getting ready for work this morning. He was holding her in a position that I couldn't necessarily do and Dave teased saying that "mommy's old." She thought that was funny and said, "Mommy older?" I say, "Yes, mommy is older." LOL. Now we are on our way to mommom's this morning in the car and she says "mommy, I older." I say, "No honey, you still mommy's baby." We go back and forth like that for a little bit and the next thing she sings out is "I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN!" OMG, I laughed so hard and since I'm dealing with bronchitis had a major coughing spell while laughing. Where does she come up with this stuff? The only time I can remember her hearing Shania Twain is when we were watching American Idol the other night and she was a guest judge and they played clips of some of her hits. Seriously, to understand this and use it in the right context at the age of 2 is amazing to me!
I had to share this little story, because every time I think about it I start to laugh. Rachel is amazing and “the things that come out of the mouths of babes” crack me up! I hope this little tidbit of Rachel’s life put a smile on your face this morning because she sure does make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that is hysterical....what a way to get your day started..is with a laugh:)she always comes up with the funniest things I ever heard of especially from a 2 year old:)
She is quite the comedian! Rachel has such the sense of humor for a 2 year old!
Girl that is so funny , i wish i could be there to have heard that , i would have died , i miss yall and love yall, man jake is one handsome young man ,girl he looks like a young ashton kutcher, he gonna make yall some money when he get older, and by the way i love them boots on rachel
oh and by the way , i sure look cute!!!! lol
That's hilarious! What a little ham she is.
And yes, it's quite pathetic that we all have these adorable Xian princesses and live so close and STILL do not connect in person.
Wanna change that? I was thinking it'd be fun to have a get together pot-luck kind of meal with some other Xian families. Email me and we can try to put a list of names together to start. We really have to be doing it for our girls' sake, but it's always fun for me too :)
Hugs to you guys, all.
Post a Comment