I'm disappointed in myself, or I should say that I was disappointed in myself. I've learned that I have this "all or nothing" kind of thinking and this kind of thinking just doesn't work with a weight loss journey. I don't think of the 6 weeks where I did really well and lost 22 lbs, but rather I focus on the last two weeks where I let my food program go and I just didn't care what I was putting into my mouth. I focus on the negative instead of the positive and this thinking is what has sabotaged me in the past! I can sit here and write about all the excuses as to why I went off program because of my family visiting for the Easter holiday and that being backed up with my monthly friend. I beat myself up over my pitfalls and I'm so hard on myself for "falling off the wagon." This is the negative thinking that gets my in trouble. I realize that I need to learn that life happens, hiatus's happen and it's just a matter of picking yourself up and starting a new day making the right choices. I did that for myself yesterday. I recommitted myself and I promised that I wouldn't put another piece of chocolate or candy in my mouth and you know what, I did it! I really did it! Last night after dinner I really wanted something else to eat. I was craving that chocolate that was sitting on top of my refrigerator from Easter, but I didn't cave. I didn't continue the 2 week hiatus that I took from my food program, but rather picked myself up and made better choices. Today is day two and that is all I can do is to take it one day at a time. This is a huge defeat for me. I didn't let not being on program for two weeks sabotage me.
I seriously want this go around of losing weight to be more successful than in the past and I know that my thinking is what needs to change. I need to learn to be nicer to me and not be so hard on myself. Our lives will be faced with many challenges including times when we don't make the best food choices. It's a matter of letting that day go and just making the next day a better one.
I don't really know how much my two week hiatus cost me in pounds yet, I will find that out tomorrow, but when I do weigh-in, I need to accept it and move on and continue to be motivated and remember that this is a life change and life throws us curve balls. I'm in this for the long haul. My weight didn't come on overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment