We received the rest of Rachel's referral today which has been translated from Chinese to English. Below is a brief description of what was included in her referral:
Rachel was 11 days old when she entered the Children's Welfare Institute of Pingjiang County of Hunan Province. She was very healthy and spends most of her days eating and sleeping. When she is hungry and wet, she cries very loud to get attention. Otherwise, she is known to be a happy baby. She likes to play with keys and toys that make sounds. She loves to look around and will stare at objects that catch her attention. When her nanny holds her up and talks to her, she responds with sound.
When Rachel was five months old, she rolled over for the first time. She will try and stretch her hands out to reach shiny toys. Rachel is able to verbalize simple sounds. She can recognize her name and will turn her head and smile in response.
Rachel gets up at 7:00 AM each morning and goes to bed at 9:00 PM with two naps in between. She eats at 7:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:30 PM, 6:00 PM, and 9:00 PM (big eaters!). Her diet is mainly formula and is also supplemented with water and juice. She receives calcium and vitamins to help with her growth.
Rachel has received all vaccinations and were all administered on schedule.
We are just over the moon and back with excitement! We truly feel blessed to be matched with this little angel. I wondered what I would feel when I saw her face for the first time and there is nothing but pure love in my heart as if I gave birth to her. I don't know how to explain it. The wait was definitely long, but it just doesn't seem to matter as much anymore. Each time I look at Rachel's face, the long exhausting journey is slowing fading. I hear that when she is finally in my arms, it all melts away. It's just like the pain you experience during childbirth...when your baby is placed in your arms, you forget about all the pain that was endured during labor (most of it anyway! LOL).
Please continue to follow up on our journey by checking our blog. PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS on our blog! I want to save all comments so that I can create a Life Book for Rachel.
4 comments:
Dear Sherry and family,
I have not known you all long at all but am so very happy for you. I cannot imagine the wait but can imagine the JOY. I love my children and if there was a way would adopt some also. So I am thinking of you and checking out this blog (i have my own)and wanting to say Congrats and sending a HUGE HUG...I guess it won't be long now, this is so very awesome!!!!
luv,
Hugs, Carol C.
Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. Have a very HAPPY trip!
Alyson LID 01/27/06
Sherry and Family,
I am so happy for the great news on Rachel. I know it was a long wait but at the end of the tunnel is a beautiful baby girl waiting for your love. I cannot wait to meet her.
Love ya,
Marcia
Congratulations!!!! We share in your excitement. Rachel is a beautiful baby. She looks so healthy. And, I love those cheeks. She has a nice round face. This is a very desirable face feature for the Chinese people. Hoping that you will get a quick travel authorization. Look forward to following your journey.
Jeanne
Post a Comment