Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE PRINCESS TURNS "3" TODAY!!!




Rachel, it is so hard to believe you are three years old today. Seems like yesterday you were just a baby and we were introducing you to family and friends after bringing you home from China. I have to say though, it seems like you are 3 going on 13 sometimes! You definitely keep your dad and I on our toes. You give Jake a run for his money and boy oh boy do you give him a hard time. We know how much you love him though, because when he was at camp for a week, you cried yourself to sleep several times that week. You wanted "your Jacob." You are incredibly smart and there are times you have this wise soul about you and I wonder what is going on in that cute head of yours. I am so curious to see what kind of child, teenager, and adult you will become, because you are so funny, smart, independent, feisty and as strong-willed as they come. There are times when you are being naughty that your dad and I have to turn our heads to keep you from seeing us laughing, because you just cease to amaze us with your words and actions. Rachel, you just exude personality and when you walk into a room, everyone knows you are there. I love when you tell me you love me for no reason and I love when you offer hugs and kisses out of the blue. I love when you come into our room in the morning and you climb in bed with us, even if it is just for a few moments, because you want to get your day started by watching one of your favorite t.v. shows. I love that you found comfort in your blanket and bunny when mommy and daddy can't be with you. I love how excited you get when I remind you that you have dance class that night. I am and will be eternally thankful that God chose us to be your family. I am thankful that your birth mother cared and loved you enough to give you life. I thank God each day for you, Rachel. We love you with all our heart and souls. Happy 3rd birthday baby girl.

2 comments:

Debra Heschl Photography said...

Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece..may all your wishes & dreams come true always:) We ♥ you lil' LadyBug!!

Stephe said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!!! Stephe