Monday, March 7, 2011

Just a Couple Quick Thoughts

I can’t believe that we are already a week into March. I love that we are already seeing glimpses of spring every now and then too. I do love the snow, but by this time, I’m ready for the reprieve from the wind and snow. There was a day where I even opened all my windows because it was warm enough. The house definitely needs fresh air after being closed up for the last 4 months. I can’t wait to hang my laundry outside too. I know, how crazy is that? I love hanging my clothes outside. Do you know how much you save in electricity?! And your clothes will last longer too if they aren’t put in the dryer. You want to hang them inside out though, because if not, they will fade in the sun. Try it! They smell wonderful.

Dave just called me on Monday, March 07, 2011 to tell me two little cute comments Rachel shared with him on their way home from school today. My girl just melts my heart sometimes. Rachel was telling her daddy that a boy in her class doesn’t like her and she says “it hurts my heart.” I love it! And then after going through the drive-thru at the bank, the teller gave Rachel a lollipop. Well, it wasn’t long before she dropped it on the floor of the car and daddy says, “We can’t eat it now.” Rachel responds with “daddy, but a little dirt won’t hurt.” LOL. She probably said that because so many times she has dropped something and before I could get to her fast enough, she sticks whatever it was in her mouth. I then usually say “well, I guess a little dirt won’t hurt.” It just shows you how much our kids pick up and that they hear everything we say. Even the things you don’t want them to repeat!

We are excited for Jake because based on a coach recommendation, Jake is going to play for an AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) basketball team. This is a great opportunity for Jake, because he will learn so much more about basketball. He’s come a long way and hopefully this will teach him more of the fundamentals he needs to know to grow in his game. So, it looks like basketball will be the sport for this spring and no recreational baseball. He is going to tryout for his middle school! I’m nervous for him, because this is a big deal. There is only one team that consists of both 7th and 8th graders. Tryouts start tomorrow, so please pray for him. He really is good at baseball, but after not playing all winter, he may be a bit rusty. Hopefully he wears his glasses like he’s supposed too! He needs them regardless of whether or not he thinks they are cool. When he can put drops in his eyes without prying his eyes open to do it, we can get him contacts, but in the meantime, he needs to wear his glasses!

No comments: