Sunday, May 18, 2008

Changsha, China

We made it! We are in our baby's province, Hunan. I prayed so hard on the plane because there was some turbulence coming from Beijing to Changsha and I was a little shaken by it. I really wish I could be more easy when it comes to flying. I can't believe we are getting our baby tomorrow! We are so excited. I wish you all could see these hotels we are staying in! Words can't describe the beauty of them and so accommodating. We are currently staying at the Dolton Hotel on the 30th floor, yes the 3oth floor (the hotel has 46 floors!), which is reserved for adopting families. They even have a playroom for the children. We have a crib, bathtub for Rachel, baby bowl with spoon, etc. They really go all out for us adopting families.

We arrived around 9:00 PM at the hotel and at 9:30 we met with Susan, our facilitator, who went over our baby's information via a fax sent from the orphanage. She is currently 20 lbs and is 25 1/2" long. Not quite sure about this since she apparently weighed 18 lbs. at 5 months which is what was given to us at referral. She is eating solid foods and about 20 ounces of formula day. She can stand on her own for about 2 seconds! I got a kick out of this. She has 2 teeth already! She cooperates and likes to laugh.

Tomorrow is going to be one of the best days of our lives. We will be sure to keep you all posted with photos. I would love to fill you all in on other things we've done in Beijing, but I'm completely exhausted because I've been up since 1:00 Am this morning and it's already after 10:30. Needless to say, I was up all night thinking about Rachel. I took some benadryl and it's starting to kick in.

I can post on our blog, but we can't view our blog, so please email me at sherrycrist@hotmail.com. I can check my email. I love hearing from everyone. We miss you. Tomorrow the Crist Family will be a family of four!

Oh yeah, we are scheduled to leave the hotel at 10:40 AM to go to the registration office for our 11:00 appointment to get Rachel. While you all are sleeping, we will be meeting our baby for the first time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right Sherry -It will be one of the best days of your life, take every bit of it in. YOU WILL CHERISH IT FOREVER. Take lots of pictures! We are praying for you as we go to bed tonight.
Jackie and Tony