Tuesday, May 20, 2008

From Rachels Dad

This is my first post to this blog so Please bear with me. One main thing that I have to say is that I found a constant supply of PEPSI!! (Yeah) Ok with that out of the way. Yesterday, we walked around the city of Changsha. It is very busy. People drive worse than New Yorkers, no offense to New Yorkers, but no one has the right away. Anyways, we went to for a walk around dinner time to go to the grocery store, and find a western type of place for us to eat dinner. Well we found a KFC, McDonald's, and a Pizza hut, within a block from each other. And it is not too far from the hotel. We ate at Mickey D's. It really did taste like home even though, I do not like condiments on my hamburgers, and the Chinese people do not make plain hamburgers. So I had to suck it up and I scraped off most of the condiments and ate a double cheeseburger, and it was not bad, but this is in no way the start of me eating regular burgers, give me a plain burger anytime. We were like celebrities, while walking to and from the restaurant. We stopped at a baby store to buy more food for Rachel, and diapers, even the Chinese people like Rachel's bald head. LOL. Next on the way back we found a grocery store where we bought some snacks for us. They have Oreos.

Today we are supposed to go to a college campus and learn about the Changsha way of education. Well we are getting ready to go on that trip, so I am sure Sherry will fill everyone in on what will be next. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post Dave :) You hit all the important parts-- Pepsi, Mickey D's and Oreos! Were they double stuffed?

Anonymous said...

Yeah...pepsi! I'm so happy that you won't waste away to nothing! Your daughter is beautiful and I wish you all the love from her that you already have from Jake. Melanie