Monday, May 19, 2008

Day Two...






I can't even put into words the joy that is in our hearts. Our little girl is the sweetest thing you can imagine. She is so extremely happy and vocal! Dave says that she takes after her mommy who likes to talk! LOL. Her smiles and laughs just make you forget all that we have been through to have this little girl in our lives.


We gave her a bath yesterday afternoon. She wasn't completely freaked, but I forgot how hard it is when your baby isn't sitting up and she is slipping all over the place. I had her leaning forward over my arm and she sucked on my wrist so hard that she gave me a deep red hickey! LOL. She smells so delicious! I just love the smell of a baby after a bath. Isn't her bald head just the cutest? Not sure when I will be able to use the gallon size bag of barrettes and ponytail holders my sister gave me from her twin girls! That's okay, I love kissing her bald head.


We had Pizza Hut for dinner last night! Yippee, it tasted just like the Pizza Hut pizza we can get at home. I think we may have found our main dinner menu for the next 5 days! Dave was elated to be eating something. The poor thing has lost weight already! Hey, I may even loose a few pounds while I'm here. Just can't seem to find anything we really like in the way of Chinese. I do try, but I've been pretty much sticking to white rice!


The jet lag has been difficult. It's 5:20 AM and I haven't been to sleep yet. I am wide awake. Tonight will be another benadryl night. I really don't want to take it every night, but at this point, I may not have a choice. I need to be completely rested so that we can take care of Rachel. Dave woke up at 4:00 AM and so did Rachel. She was talking and cooing away in her crib. I finally went over and laid her in bed with Dave and I. She is just so funny. The faces that she makes just crack us up. She smiles so big that you can't see her eyes. LOL. I put her back in her crib after a while and she was talking, laughing and yawning! She finally fell back to sleep.


We are going back to the Civil Affairs office today to do some necessary paperwork. Dave, Rachel and I have to go and it should take about 2 hours. I'm not sure what we do from there. I know that tomorrow we will be going to her orphanage which is about 2 hours or so away. I know it's going to be hard, but I think I will regret it if I don't go.

I hope you enjoy these photos. Her smiles and laughs come very easily!


Thank you all for your emails and kind words. Your support and encouragement have been priceless.

Love to you all

Dave, Sherry, Jake & Rachel



2 comments:

Doreen said...

Rachel is delicious!!! Enjoy!

Doreen in Montreal Mom to Faith Jiangxi & Mia Sichuan

Anonymous said...

It looks like Rachel is feeling right at home with you! She's absolutely beautiful! We can't wait to meet her!
Love ya! Melanie