We are leaving for Beijing, China in two days! I got horrible news this morning that China had an earthquake that hit Sichuan, China which is about 900 miles from Beijing and 600 miles from Hunan which is where Rachel's orphanage is located. The earthquake was felt all the way in Pakistan and Thailand. The death toll is at about 5,000 at this point but is expected to climb. I feel so horrible for the people of China. I feel so selfish because I keep hoping that this won't affect our trip. I have so many mixed emotions this morning and my stress level has about reached boiling point. I know God is in control and I know we are going to bring our little girl home.
To top things off, I have an inner ear infection which has caused me to feel dizzy and have tingly feelings in my head! I knew something wasn't right and finally went back to the doctor Saturday morning. They are treating me with zithromax, a five day antibiotic, and hopefully it will be knocked out of me before getting on our plane Wednesday early afternoon.
Dave was given a baby shower on Friday by his friends at work. What a wonderful gesture. Most times men are forgotten when it comes to things like this. A co-worker named Denise, made a cake resembling a Johnson & Johnson baby powder bottle. What a talented woman! It was beautiful and tasted great too! Hopefully I can post a picture at some point! We received a very generous gift card for Babies 'R Us and a cute brag photo book. We really appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness.
McHugh Associates, Inc. had a nice little shower for me last week. We received 5 outfits, dreft (baby laundry detergent), baby bottles, wipes and gift card to Babies 'R Us. They got a cake from one my favorite places, Baskin Robins! I love their ice cream cakes! The gifts will come in great use and we really appreciate everyone's generosity and thoughtfulness.
My mother in-law and I spent part of Saturday cleaning and organizing Rachel's room. I bought the cutest butterfly mobile to hang from the ceiling over her crib. It is absolutely perfect in her room. Rachel is one loved little girl already! She has so many great things that were bought for her last year for my Adoption Shower which was in March of last year! A whole year ago all these wonderful things were bought for her and now, she will be using and playing with everything in just a few short weeks.
This may be my last post before we leave for China. I really hope you all will continue to follow our journey. We heard that China will be blocking Blogger due to the Olympics, so a couple of Dave's co-workers will help us out with updating our blog while we are in China. We will email them our updates and photos and they will update our blog. Hopefully it will all work out so we can keep you posted on our travels.
We love you all and truly appreciate your love and support during this most amazing journey. Please pray for our safe travels, bonding with our daughter, safety and health.
Love,
Dave, Sherry & Jake
1 comment:
Good Luck Sherry and family!
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as you travel to get your little one. I hope it is an awesome trip. We'll be leaving in a week.
Blessings,
Pam
Post a Comment